Hack&Roll is NUS Hackers' annual 24-hour hackathon, and the largest student-run hackathon in Singapore. In the spirit of hacking, we celebrate not just the most useful products, but also reward projects that are "awesome but useless" and for factors such as sheer overall coolness.
$6,000 in prizes
$3000 total for the winning team.
$2000 total for the winning team.
$1000 total for the winning team.
Best Freshmen/Non-Tertiary Award
1x Razer BlackWidow per team member
1x Razer DeathAdder per team member
Most Awesomely Useless
1x NERF gun per team member
Best Use of Hardware
1x Odroid C-1 per team member
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
This event is open only to:
- Students of all levels in any educational institution in Singapore (yes, exchange students count as well!)
- Anyone waiting entry into an educational institution - e.g. NSFs, PhD candidates, etc.
- Build something new. You may reuse code for specific components, but recycling an entire project is not okay.
- Projects will be judged based on creativity, technical accomplishment, polish, and usefulness, in that order. Decisions made by the judges are final.
- Hardware projects are welcomed!
Senior Software Engineer, Neo Innovation Inc.
Koh Ming Yang
Senior Member of Technical Staff, DSO
Tan Kiat Chuan
Forward Deployed Engineer, Palantir Technologies
How new or innovative aspects of the team’s product are.
How well the project is built.
Aesthetics and functional completeness.
How much this project attempts to solve a meaningful problem.